• Construction Firms Prepared to Cope with Higher Expenditures

    Apr 09, 2018
    With the ambitious Saudi Vision 2030 in place pinning hopes on a better future, Kingdom’s almost all the economic sectors have encountered many challenges. The construction sector is no exception but this vital area of economic activities has started to rebound with many giant projects in sight.
  • Saudi Population Reaches 32.6 million

    Mar 20, 2018
    Saudi Arabia's population is rising conspicuously. Its population including expatriates reached 32.6 million at the end of 2017. Of the total, according to recent demographic survey by the General Authority of Statistics (GaStat), Kingdom’s domestic population constitutes 62.6 percent or 20.4 million and the remaining 37.4 percent or 12.2 million is represented by non-Saudis.
  • Kingdom Announces Largest Budget in its History

    Feb 01, 2018
    King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud approved State's General Budget for the fiscal year 2018. The King addressed the nation, announcing the budget, as the largest expenditure budget in the history of the Kingdom. He asserted that the budget takes into account the lower oil price levels compared to previous years, and has been planned in order to continue development and enhancement process towards achieving the Kingdom's Vision 2030.
  • Saudi Arabia Announces $500 Billion NEOM Project

    Nov 29, 2017
    The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s announced plans to build a $500 billion mega city on the Kingdom’s Red Sea coast, as part of a huge national push to diversify its economy
  • Tourism: The New Oil

    Oct 01, 2017
    Underlining the potential for tourism development in Saudi Arabia, the economy which had not slowed, despite the global downturn: and the government budget in 2009 which was the biggest ever in order to keep projects on-stream with an unsurpassed expansion of the infrastructure.
  • Saudi Sports Sector Beckons Investors

    May 03, 2017
    Investment potential in the Saudi Arabia’s sports sector is gaining momentum. This fresh boost for the sports investment potentials came when the Council of Economic and Development Affairs (CEDA) in a recent meeting with the Deputy Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman to establish a Sports Development Fund and discussed the issues of privatization of sports clubs that are participating in professional league tournaments.
  • Job Opportunities for Saudis Abound

    Mar 02, 2017
    The Saudi Labor Market has undergone significant and dynamic change over the course of the last four years. The labor market is notably segmented and unique challenges are being encountered with the employment of Saudi nationals into the private sector. The Saudi Labor Market has undergone significant and dynamic change over the course of the last four years.
  • Budget 2017: Timely, Targeted and Expansionary Fiscal Policy

    Mar 02, 2017
    On Thursday, 22 December 2016, the Council of Ministers endorsed the government’s budget for 2017 and announced the final outcome of fiscal operations and macroeconomic performance for 2016. In 2016, actual government expenditures are expected to record their first back-to-back decline since 1999, falling by 15.6 percent to settle at SR825 billion.
  • Government’s Capital Expenditure Drive Promoting Investment trend

    Dec 09, 2015
    The moderation of private credit growth around 9.8 percent for two consecutive months might reflect a tendency to avoid cyclical risks by deficit financing the government at the expense of financing private projects. All data illustrates that moderation is gaining traction, and given the current dynamics a similar performance next year is the most likely scenario.
  • Contracting and Construction Sector: Building on a Solid Foundation

    Apr 02, 2014
    The contracting and construction sector had raised much concern over new labor regulations. However, it seems they have situation which can be handled by having proper project management. The present condition should not dent the contacting sector provided if they use the labor laws in proper way.
  • Shale Gas Heralds a New Era in Energy Sector

    Jan 08, 2014
    Saudi Arabia has turned its attention to the development of a new source of energy -- shale gas, which is to strengthen its position as a key player in the global energy supplies. This ambitious initiative for the exploration of shale gas estimated to be a deposit of over 600 trillion cubic feet, more than double of the current proven conventional reserves, will undoubtedly save more of the Kingdom’s crude oil for lucrative exports.

      Print                     Subscribe

Follow Us


More ad in this place